Thursday, November 22, 2012

Each Moment Only Once Layout by Helen Tilbury



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Hi Everyone!  HELEN here with my take on Bellaidea's challenge for this month
 - to "Go Crazy!"  I tried my best LOL!   I did several things differently to usual.
We were sponsored this month by 7 Dots Studio so of course that made my job
 just that much easier :)  I mean papers designed by the almighty Finnabair
herself are bound to be anything but ordinary!
I mixed the tags and stickers from 'Hopefully' with the papers from  'Domestic Goddess', along with twine from Purple Pumpkin, a funky Prima lightbulb & some grunged up cogs from Imaginarium Design.
Yeah I smudged the journaling - but it's all in keeping with the  'look' right?!
 I got quite a lot of background texture going on with my modeling paste - that
 is so thick I battle to squeeze it out of the bottle!!  I used WAX CRAYONS through
my stencil, which is certainly a first for me, but the texture was AWESOME!!
Splatting some dots of black mist onto a layout = a sure-fire way to add some manly grunge.  I also freehand cut a strip along the top of my layout & tucked in a few bits & pieces. This is a very trendy new technique I've been wanting to try!
I went crazy with the twine as you can see above & below! I was thinking it kinda reflected my son's inner 'teenage angst' as he is an 'over-thinker' like ME :)
And of course printing out a large photo then backing it onto chipboard, mounting it and inking the edges in black give a 'cardboard cut-out' look which is something I've never tried before either!  Thank you Bellaidea for setting a challenge that 
certainly had me 'pushing the boat out'!  

Still time to enter our challenge HERE!

Supplies List for 'Each Moment Only Once' Layout

Papers - 7 Dots Studio - Domestic Goddess -
 White Apron & Women's Talk
Stickers & Tags - 7 Dots - Hopefully Collection 
Stencil - 6" Reverse Chicken Wire - The Crafter's Workshop
Modeling Paste - Reeves
Mon Ami Creamy Crayon Sticks - Red, Yellow & Orange
Black Mist - Maya Road 'Charcoal'
Twine & Wooden Heart Buttons - Purple Pumpkin
Chipboard Cogs - Imaginarium Design
Inks - Black - Doodlebug - Red - Color Box - Warm Red
Beige Crackle Paint - Ranger - Antique Linen
Black Paint - Making Memories - Asphalt
Journaling Pen - Shachihata
Light Bulb, Wooden Bird & Black Alphas - Prima



8 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwww!! Helen is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING that photo and love love love love the twine action!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Truly love this one! Beautiful work Helen!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, I just saw a photo of your boy from 6 y a and now I can see handsome young man, what happend? This is such a great page with your design , colors and message, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you fussy cut your photo ...it makes your DS stand out...great, grungy page...bg texture is AWESOME.....one of my faves of yours:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Gosh! This is seriously awesome! LOVE what you did with the twine. What a striking layout, Helen!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out really cool. Love the way you enlarged an cut the photo he's very handsom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speechless.............................

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME!!!! love this my friend!!! Gorgeous work!!!! hugs! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...