Monday, September 16, 2013

Hide and Seek with Dana


Hi! Dana here today sharing my take on Debbie's September Mixed Media Challenge. I absolutely loved the sketch, so I didn't change any of the design elements. The gorgeous Maja Design Walking in the Forest Collection is perfect for Fall! The rich blues, oranges and browns were just perfect for this photo of my nephew.


I added color and texture to my background using some of my favorite stencils and Distress Ink and White Texture Effect. I also splattered the page with a rich dark brown mist. I went over the flower clusters with some white acrylic paint for a more shabby look.


I added several gorgeous chipboard pieces from our Design Team Sponsor Scrapiniec. I painted each chipboard piece with a light coat of white acrylic paint and then inked the edges with Distress Ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!



Maja Design Corp is based in Uddevalla, Sweden. We are dedicated to create unique and high quality vintage inspired patterned paper for scrapbooking and crafts. Maja Design was founded in November 2007, and since then, have grown to supply over 70 retailers in Sweden and 90 all over the world. Founder Marie Jansson says: "In the fall of 2004, a dear friend asked me to join her to a scrapbooking course. From that moment, I became totally amazed and thrilled by all the beautiful papers and decorations in the art of scrapbooking. After some time as a captivated scrapper, I got curious to create my own patterns. I have always had a devotion for colour and form. I had access to great printing facility, as I worked at a printers office. Since 2007, I have been blessed to be able to work with my great passion - to design and create coloured coordinated paper."

Please visit us at www.majadesign.nu

The Porkchop Show
A fine Etsy emporium selling unique laser cut wooden craft pieces.
Your crafting dreams can come true with these wood art parts!
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/porkchopshow


Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Pleae check out our Challenge Rules page here.
 
A special thanks to Scrapiniec Die-Cut Chipboard for sponsoring the Berry71Bleu Design Team, who will be sharing projects with their chipboard for the next several months.



Scrapiniec is the first Polish manufacturer of laser die-cut chipboard products for use in scrapbooking. They satisfy even the most unusual individual orders and are characterized by reliability, high quality and friendly customer service.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dana! Beautiful layout and super sweet photo! I totally agree with you about the Walking in the Forest collection, it's gorgeous and easy to work with :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful page Dana, love all the papers and great sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the adorable photo! Well done on this page Dana! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...