Monday, December 30, 2013

Sexy Santa by Marilyn

Hello everyone!!  I can't believe is almost the last days of the year and my last project like design team member for Berry71Bleu. It was a wonderful year in this team, thanks Marivic!!  This month Kay is hosting the December challenge that is all about..."joy" and I made a page about one hobby that brings me joy and I'm not talking about scrapbooking, lol! that I love it!
 I also enjoy photography or in other words take photos because I'm not a professional, I'm just a mom with a camera in hand trying to capture these little daily moments and the important ones, too.  I took this picture to my biggest niece Nerymar, she is a little shy girl  but the day that she was wearing this Santa costume, she was projecting a positive attitude like a  real model,  I called the sexy Santa and I can captured through my camera lenses. 
This month I worked with the beautiful UHK papers- Fruits of the Forest Collection. and Liquitex acrylic paints.

I also used some cheesecloth, washi tape and molding paste.

I added some flowers, pearls and corrugated cardboard.

You can see here, the gorgeous handmade tag by Marivic that you can buy in her shop....HERE


Here are all the December challenge details...

We have a two-part challenge this month.  This time of year is to reflect on the past & to look forward on what is yet to come.  It's a season for being thankful, to surround yourself with loved ones & to enjoy the simple pleasures life has to offer.  Many call this the 'most joyous time of year'.  

With this in mind the December challenge is simply: Joy.  What brings you Joy?  What always puts a smile on your face?  Joy can be interpreted in many ways.  Think about what person, place, activity, pet, hobby or simple pleasure gives you joy.  This can be anything--that first warm cup of morning coffee, reading your favorite book, your family, your dog cuddling up next to you!  Think outside of the box.
The second part of this challenge is that you must include journaling.  Your journaling must be at least 3 sentences or more.  Jotting down places & dates do not count.  I want you to document your thoughts & explain why the subject you chose to scrap brings you joy.

Here's the challenge board to bring you some inspiration.


Main Prize:

Liquitex Paint Marker Set


Choice of 3 13arts Chipboard/Stencil Designs



Random Prize:

The Random Winner will receive a Hot & Cold paper pack from UHK.


Sponsors:  

 

Liquitex offers the widest spectrum of vibrant intense acrylic paints, acrylic mediums and art supplies that enable you to bring your creative vision to life. The possibilities to expand your creativity are endless with their innovative toolbox. Liquitex was the first water-based acrylic paint created in 1955 and since then has partnered with artists to ensure that they continually evolve and innovate – resulting in a long history of acrylic innovation. Today, Liquitex offers the largest array of vibrant acrylic paints, mediums and tools to enable acrylic artists to continually explore their art and take it to new and unprecedented boundaries. Their innovative drive, creative passion and intense desire to share the joys of artistic expression through unparalleled education and community outreach programs, has ensured that Liquitex will continue to be a strong partner in helping artists explore their art for decades to come.




13arts is a Polish scrapbooking paper and artistic media manufacturer.



A Polish paper company producing beautiful scrapbook and crafting papers.
A special thanks to UHK Gallery for sponsoring the Design Team this month!

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs.
Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.
Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations this month!


You still have time to participate in the December challenge, can't wait to see what you will make... have fun!
Hugs!
Marilyn Rivera

4 comments:

  1. Great layout with all the colors you used, and I like some fun in it! I think I will try to play along , so off I go, away from the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Marilyn! I love how you used the tape. The pop of blue is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Marilyn! Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...