Friday, February 13, 2015

I Love You by Mandy

Happy Hello Friends!
Today it's my turn to share my project and featuring this month's beautiful inspiration "February Love Mood Board Challenge" hosted by Dana.
 My take on this month's challenge was to create a page full of "love", hearts and Valentine's Day inspired (since I was posting the day before)..... The CAT File Store generously provided fun and beautiful images to the design team members this month and thank you!  I don't have an electronic die cut machine so I printed off the images from the computer and cut out the hearts and the word "hug".....

I painted some of the cut out hearts red.....I was going for a red, black, white color combination.....I did not add "one" flower to this project....When I saw the images from the CAT File Store I was inspired to create a fun, artsy, whimsical boy page with a touch of grunge...
I
 I cut out the image of my son and then I outlined the image with red card stock....I wanted the photo image to "pop"....I figured a "red" outline would enhance the photo details.....I added a "digital" heart to the left of his shirt (his right)....using PicMonkey...I added the little "i" bottle cap....A perfect fit inside the heart....
I used paint to stencil and stamp the background work because the paper is velvety and I figured ink might not show up as well....The white and red splats are paint also....
I hope you'll find the time to join our challenge this month! Check out the fabulous prizes donated by our generous sponsors:
 
First Prize: $15 Gift Voucher to the CAT File Store

Second Prize: Art Workshop Kit Club - Pocket Life Kit

Sponsors:

CAT File was founded in May 2014 as a family business of two people: Pawel and Mira. We are a small online store providing fresh and colorful digital designs: cut files and printables dedicated mostly for scrapbooking purposes. We love documenting our life and CAT File is our way of sharing this passion with others. It's the platform where crafters from all over the world can gather together, find an inspiration and give it. It's also the space that we created for young designers to grow and develop their skills.



Art Workshop Kit Club, located in Poland, is a joint effort of Agnieszka Arnold, a huge fan of handicraft and the owner of Art Workshop, and Tusia Lech, designer, coordinator of many scrapbooking ventures and owner of 7 Dots Studio. Our main mission, as a Kit Club, is to get your creative juices flowing. Each month we offer unique scrapbooking kits, with great products inside. We carefully choose the products for each kit, so they match each other and inspire you. Each month there are two main kits - Scrapbooking and Pocket Life. In these kits you will find patterned papers from various manufacturers, colored cardstock, 3x4'' and 4x6'' cards, stickers, alphas, stamps, chipboard, strings, ribbons, crystals and coming soon Art Workshop Kit Club exclusive products.

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there! 

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations this month!
 

4 comments:

  1. Such a stunning and fabulous page Mandy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love this page Mandy!!!! Perfect for my son who loves the wild side of scrapping! It's a fabulous piece of scrappy art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dara! and yes (me too) I have to take a different approach when scrapping boy pages!! So much fun!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...